Saturday, December 10, 2016

Easiest Instant Pot Sushi Rice

This is one of my favorite things to make in my Instant Pot, because it is just so easy, and so good.  Make sure to use good quality short grain or medium grain sushi rice.  I pick up a 15lb bag at any Asian grocer, or also sometimes find it in bulk at Costco or BJ's.  I think the one I have right now is Nishiki brand or CalRose.  This is the rice recipe I use to pair with my version of Mongolian Beef or Bulgogi.  

Ingredients:

2 cups sushi rice, rinsed until water runs clear and drained
2 ~1/4 cups cold water
~1 teaspoon (or I just splash) sesame oil
~1 teaspoon (I just shake a few times) sea salt

Directions:

Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot.  Manual 5 minutes High Pressure.  Quick Release or Natural Release.  Doesn't Matter!  (May very slightly affect texture, but noone in my family notices).  

*If using the rice for freezer meals, reduce time to 2 minutes HP and QR, as reheating will cook through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment